I am grateful for memories of the time in Oklahoma putting on “Oklahoma!”:
- Memories of Roman riding down the middle of the aisle in the CBA gym on a horse, the smell of popcorn in the air, and hearing him serenade the audience singing, “Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day…”
- Teaching all of those kids a folk dance for the auction scene and “The Farmer and the Cowman Should Be Friends”
- Meghan and that crazy cackle
- Danny in a plaid suit and silly grin
- Melissa in that bright red lipstick and her flirty ways as Ado Annie
- Seeing Vangie do her ballet in a CBA program
- The fun of putting on a huge production with my students
I am grateful for showers of blessings, for morning thunder, for good windshield wipers, for a sturdy umbrella, and for the quiet of the car on the drive to work in the rain.
I am grateful for the strength of Gaither music that has been deeply imbedded in my heart and life over the years.
I am grateful for my first invitation to a Grandparent’s Day even though I cannot attend – hopefully there will be more.
I am grateful for roasted almonds with sea salt.
I am grateful that tomorrow is my Friday.
And I am grateful for this song that has played in my mind all morning. Not very many will recognize it, but I’m fairly certain Aunt Patsy will:
You ask me why my heart keeps singing
Why I can sing when things go wrong.
But since I’ve found the source of music
I just can’t help it. God gave the song.