I am grateful for:
- The hawk that parked itself on a branch of the tree in our back yard.
- Being able to visit Katherine at the hospital last night.
- A phone call with Geri.
- A freshly painted room and the smell that permeates the house.
- My daughters’ hearts for children in crisis.
- Gorgeous flowers that make my desk so beautiful and are head-turners. Thank you, Sam…
- CASA presents purchased and ready for delivery.
- Anticipation of a weekend visit from my Dad, my Aunt Drula, and my Uncle Floyd!
- The random memory about an hour ago of Mom’s rule about what we could or couldn’t call our backside. She always called it our “seat.” Oh my, that is so funny sounding. I was not allowed to say the B word that is also a conjunction, and she preferred I didn’t say the R word that is sometimes followed by “view mirror.” And I am pretty sure she was such a saint that any other crude words for the body part would be foreign to her. It’s the little things in life that make me smile sometimes…
- Excitement for the Christmas program/show at church on Saturday night with good friends and family.
- Another opportunity to watch “A Charlie Brown Christmas” next week on TV.
- Bird nests.
- Chocolate covered peanut butter balls. I shall make some for the weekend. Mmmmmmmm.