I am grateful for:
- a Chamber of Commerce day when the sky is blue, the breeze is slight, the temperature is just right, the birds are singing, the flowers blooming.
- good water pressure in a hot shower.
- no words.
- a coin found on a walk.
- forgotten sweet memories when they come to mind once again.
- really good dirt.
- a glowing report from the school counselor.
- Fresh Balsam room deodorizer spray from Bath & Body Works.
- the conviction to “be still my soul.”
- children who just make the world a better place, like Macey:
- peony buds and blooming iris.
- watching the Royals with one of their most loyal fans, my Dad.
- a handwritten thank you.
- Pink Lady apples sliced thin.
- designs in the sky, courtesy of jet trails.
- stiff jeans.
- being asked to play the piano again.
- the patterns of freshly mowed grass, as satisfying as vacuum lines on carpet.
- a good cut and color.
- a soft and beautiful lullaby that calms and ushers in peace.
- crisp, in crackers, potato chips, and $2 bills.
- memories of baby books, a wedding album, my french horn and piano, a butterfly quilt, boxes of school papers and crafts, Mom’s china, and collections of school musicals and programs of the past.
- a bed at the end of a long day.
- the back yard that is full of wildlife.
- happy mail.
- Nutty Bars.
And I am grateful for contemplation, something I have been doing a lot of lately…