I am grateful:
- for lavender in color and in smell.
- for the privilege of walking out the door and not having to dwell on work until the next morning.
- for shoes not muddy.
- for a nap in the middle of the day.
- for my daughter who calls me.
- for my daughter who does not.
- for a home that smells halfway decent.
- that our basement does not smell musty awful like what I experienced a couple of hours ago.
- for chipmunks.
- for a really fun message at church yesterday with a message about coming home, going home, and cheering others on while they “run the bases.”
- for hymns that flood my memory with sweet thoughts.
- that I don’t have to sing or play “Be Glorified” or “I Love You, Lord” anymore. Love the message, cannot STAND the choruses.
- for the sound of a very quiet home…until I become sad about missing the world of six little lives.
- for my new favorite chocolate cake recipe. I am so proud of myself for finding one that is from scratch and worth sharing with others.
- for chair pads that protect the floor.
- for oatmeal from McDonalds.
- for fresh breath.
- for Listerine and its hidden secret – it repels mosquitoes! No, you don’t have to breathe like a dragon. You just put it in a spray bottle and mist the patio before you enjoy the evening/party/morning/cookout/picnic.