I am grateful for the sound of:
- rain pattering on the umbrella as I walked into work this morning.
- tearing open a potato chip bag.
- Natia’s happy howl that says “Come ONNNNN! Let’s GOOOOOO!”
- Parker and Reilly’s voices.
- a bird outside the window, singing in the rain.
- squishy/crinkly diaper.
- soft piano.
- three part harmony.
- the state fair.
- Katrina’s laugh.
- Winnie the Pooh when he talks, thanks to Sterling Holloway and Jim Cummings.
- Melissa’s Texas accent.
- Sam sleeping.
- bacon frying.
- ocean waves.
- a lawnmower working on a lazy Saturday morning.
- a really good rendition of The National Anthem.
- my Mom’s voice that, sadly, is becoming faint in my memory.
- the crackle of a fire on the patio.
- the roar of a Royals crowd after a win.
- Avis saying, “Well doesn’t that just bust yer buttons.”
- clean sheets snapped, I think that’s what you call that action, just before the bed is made.
- just about anything Resurrection Singers sing.
- a master trumpeter playing “Taps.”
- gravel crunch.
So, I am grateful my ears still work.