I am grateful today:
- for a beautiful cool day yesterday to enjoy a walk around Lake Dillon.
- for a sweet little cafe to enjoy breakfast on the patio with a cool breeze, a warm sun, and a husband who is relaxed.
- for the simple pleasure of watching a fisherman catch a trout in the rushing creek.
- for conversation with a young sales girl who aspires to become a snowboarding pro.
- for an unplanned vacation that makes every day a new adventure.
- for another experience, this time finding the hotel in downtown Denver, only to discover that parking would cost $34 and arriving just in time for the hotel to be evacuated for an emergency.
- for more firsts, eating on a patio on 16th street, watching as a young man fell into the street from sitting on the curb, completely wasted and clad only in a pair of shorts and socks; watching from a distance as another young man offered his hand to help him up and back onto the curb, staying with him and calling for an ambulance.
- for the blessing this morning of an unexpected parking fee of $54, only to be waived by a kind parking lot supervisor.
- for GPS on this tablet that helped navigate our way to and from the chaos of downtown Denver streets.
- for the most pleasant McDonalds in Castle Rock, credit being given to the local owner/operator family who insists on friendly and well-dressed staff and offering the best fast food experience possible.
- for the beauty of eastern Colorado valleys in a quiet car ride.
- for the thrill of seeing a random air show rehearsal as we drove by on I-70.
- for this book that brings me to tears and makes it very difficult to read out loud.
- for clean restrooms along the yellow brick road.
- for anticipation of Sunday’s message and being back home and in my own church.