Today is Boss’ Day.
I am grateful for my boss. Both of them. They always correct me when I introduce them to others as my boss, but they are. My bosses.
They are also my friends.
They are actually so many things:
- Funnier than any boss I have ever had
- Full of drama
- Always ready for laughter
- Completely inappropriate in so many ways
- Generous beyond measure
- Crazier than cray cray when it pertains to juju and vortices and dogs and wine and KU basketball and Chiefs football and wrapping presents
- The best card givers I’ve ever known
- Willing to take a chance on a former Christian school music teacher who was looking for a new start
- Great listeners
- Patio dwellers and plant masters
- Eskimos in their own home
- Gifted and professional in their ability to secure a search and see it to a successful close
Happy is the employee who can call the employer “friend.”
Thank you for taking a chance on me three years ago –
Happy Boss’s Day, Ken and Karen!
You. Are. The. Best.