I am grateful today:
- For Rain-X that saves windshield wipers.
- For laughter and relaxation.
- For lights at the end of tunnels.
- For pictures that just make me happy.
- For quotes in my devotions that make me think long and hard.
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Socialist. Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Trade Unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew. Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me. – Pastor Martin Niemöller
For if you keep silence at such a time as this, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another quarter, but you and your father’s family will perish. Who knows? Perhaps you have come to royal dignity for just such a time as this.Esther 4:14
- For devotions and sermons that stay inside for days and weeks.
- For anticipation of seeing grandchildren soon.
- For a few moments this morning to sit in silence and listen to the rain.
- For the realization that when I lost everything, life was simple and the little things were so easy to appreciate and enjoy. Now that I’ve gained a new wonderful world, sometimes I feel like I have lost the simplicity.
- For the new wonderful world in all its activity and busyness.
- For boring days with nothing to do but read books, or watch a movie, or take a leisurely walk, or bake cookies, or sleep a little longer, or play the piano for no reason at all.
- For toddler giggles in the next aisle.