I am grateful to be filled with all kinds of emotion today.
I am grateful for the reminder today that humility is needed.
“True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.”
– C.S. Lewis
I am grateful for the privilege of listening to the Inauguration while I work.
I am grateful for uneasiness that keeps me grounded and in continuous prayer.
I am grateful to have watched the town police officer and my husband spend their evening helping the employees at the local Mexican restaurant. My heart was filled with witnessing:
- The comforting of a young lady who speaks no English as she learned the news of a dear friend who had passed away in Mexico.
- A cook with free time and no meals to prepare, making silly faces and playing with the infant son of a waitress.
- Kindness that filled a dining room as tools were gathered and a job was done because of an eagerness to work together and help one another.
- Laughter and fun
- Sincere appreciation
- Impromptu Spanish lessons
- The building of relationships
“As long as you are proud you cannot know God. A proud man is always looking down on things and people: and, of course, as long as you are looking down you cannot see something that is above you.”
– C.S. Lewis
I am grateful for a phone call from my son-in-law.
I am grateful for beautiful examples all around me, in my family and friends, in our church, in this little town, of people who are living out Micah 6:8.
I am grateful that the Son still shines, the Light still wipes out the darkness, that I have been reminded today to love my neighbor as much as, if not more than, myself.
And I am grateful that we will be back in our “home church” this weekend.